Saturday, November 27, 2010

"You Only Get Three"

That's what the paramedic team told me Friday night.

Yup.

Had to call them three separate times.

First one, a lovely elderly lady who tripped in the hallway outside her room. She may have hit her head~automatic must call.

Second one, an independent man who fell while transferring himself from scooter chair to computer chair and hit the floor with his left hip. Oh yea-ah. Another broken hip to add to my list in the past week and right in the middle of the lunch rush. Poor guy. He who never complains said his pain was 10 out of ten.

Third, a resident who, after being "off" mentally most of the afternoon, did not know my name, the caregiver's name, where she was, or what year it was. Off to the ER, transported by the paramedics who let me know THREE was all I got.

My response?

Okay.

"I'm going home in 30 minutes anyhow." (Followed by hysterical laughter within my head.)

What a week it has been.

What a freakin' week.

3 comments:

jojo said...

Don't worry, you'll prove him wrong soon. It's that time of the year.... pneumonia, broken hips. Used to watch the parade of admits by season.

Berni said...

My goodness I guess those folks were glad you were on the job.

Crazed Nitwit said...

Oh my gosh Jojo, it's the entire season? ACK!

Berni~I just try my best. I wish I could do more than call 911........