Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Trying to Let It Go

I am cognizant that I have absolutely no control over any person's actions but my own.

The difficult part~completely accepting this and letting go.

I am trying to keep things in focus.

I'm gonna have bad days. At work. At home.

I'm gonna have better days. At work.

I'm making the effort to deal with one issue at a time. Not to worry about all the issues at once because change, in any form, takes time.

Certain things at work are better or I'm learning how to handle them.

Other things I just need to suck it up, keep my nose clean, and get the experience.
Working on getting into An ADN program ASAP. May take a year or so but I've started the process.

McArmy is in the army. That's a fact. It will take time to stop missing him so much. Working on that.

Other folks in the family are who they are. Working on that as well.

I will continue to walk though the rainy, windy, cold weather is making that more difficult. Time to find a gym and/or buy an elliptical. I need exercise. I enjoy exercise. Working on ironing out details.

Still trying to eat at healthily as possible. I did have a Coke Monday. Needed the caffeine and the high fructose corn syrup. Only because I was out of green tea. I have not eaten enough the past 2 days. I did not revert to crap, I just did not eat due to time constraints,exhaustion, lack of easily available food. Trying to pre-plan so I have enough protein shakes and healthy food options at home and to take to work.

All in all, my life is ever evolving and I'm working at everything as practically and calmly as possible.

Hugs.

5 comments:

Flutterby said...

awww a Coke once or twice a week is NOT going to hurt you! Just watch out for the crash that often follows. I am glad to see you're getting your thoughts so well organized and planning ahead. As for missing ArmyBoy, well, trust me on this, when they move out, you miss them just as much if they are across the country or just across town. As parents, we often look forward to the time our kids are on their own, but it doesn't make it any easier to handle when it actually happens!

magicJickJack said...

Just take one day at a time, lovey. A wise friend once said to me:'If something is worrying you, take a step back & examine it. Think: is there anything I can do or say to change this/make it better? if the answer is no, mentally place the worry on a shelf to review tomorrow. If there IS something you can do...do it NOW. Pointless worrying is disabling. And use your friends, and those who love you...as props, as sounding boards....or just to yell and and to cry with....that's what friends & family are for. Sending HUGE ((((HUGS))))xxx

jojo said...

Sounds like a better day! No you can't change anyone else, you can only change your response to them. That alone is enough to drive the other party crazy. Trust me I understand the need for having meals and snacks ready. Convienance food is so expensive. Do you have a winco? I am finding that their blueberry flax granola with greek yogurt and blueberries is the best snack one can have and it does'nt take much.
I seriously doubt someone would steal vanilla yogurt out of a staff fridge and blueberries can be put in another container and the granola when bought in big bags lasts forever. You get all kinds of good stuff and a coke will not kill ya. I also learned to keep tea bags on me as ice, water and hot water is always around. Hugs!

Crazed Nitwit said...

Flutterby~I am glad he's taken the reigns of his life in his own hands, but sigh, I liked having him around.

Magic~awesome advice. I'll keep on keeping on. Hugs back.

Mrs4444 said...

Glad to hear. I'm glad for the update.

JoJo is so smart...